The second step in the Ekoskola programme is the Environmental Review.
The review aims to:
- Provide an opportunity to address environmental issues that are relevant to the school community,
- Inform the school community about the state of the school’s environment and the environmental impact of the school on its surroundings,
- Identify aspects of the school’s environment that are not usually addressed,
- Help the school community to prioritise its needs re-environmental management,
- Facilitate the drawing up of an environmental action plan, and
- Provide the tools necessary for monitoring the school’s progress re the implementation of the action plan.
There are a number of areas that we can work on. In order to be more focused, the committee voted for three areas of environmental concern to work on during the next two years.
The three areas chosen are: WASTE MINIMISATION, WATER and ENERGY.